Garry's Mod Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Garrys Mode Doesn't Work in crossover games 7.20 for me!

I just updated to crossover games 7.20 Mac. My games bottle imported flawlessly. One problem was I couldn't access steam community once I upgraded which was kinda weird but I didn't really care cuz I could get that on my web browser. Anyway I updated my games, TF2 worked better with less glitches when getting achievements. But when I tried to play Gmod (at -dxlevel 81 in windowed mode) all I saw was a black screen! I lowered the dxlevel to 70 and it worked but the games hud didn't appear water didn't work, and textures got seriously disturbed when around fog. I downgraded to 7.1.1 and everything works normally?

These are most of my 20 inch iMacs specs in case you need them (PS I got my iMac when Leopard was just released, before they made the 3.06GHz imac model):

Model Name: iMac
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 2 GB 67 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Bus Speed: 800 MHz

Super Drive: OPTIARC DVD RW AD-5630A:

Model: OPTIARC DVD RW AD-5630A
Revision: 1AHM
Serial Number:
Detachable Drive: No
Protocol: ATAPI
Unit Number: 0
Socket Type: Internal
Low Power Polling: Yes
Power Off: No

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x106B00A0
Audio ID: 48
Available Devices:
Speaker:
Connection: Internal
Headphone:
Connection: Combo
Microphone:
Connection: Internal
Line In:
S/P-DIF Out:
S/P-DIF In:

OPTIARC DVD RW AD-5630A:

Firmware Revision: 1AHM
Interconnect: ATAPI
Burn Support: Yes (Apple Shipping Drive)
Cache: 2048 KB
Reads DVD: Yes
CD-Write: -R, -RW
DVD-Write: -R, -R DL, -RW, +R, +R DL, +RW
Write Strategies: CD-TAO, CD-SAO, CD-Raw, DVD-DAO
Media: Insert media and refresh to show available burn speeds

FireWire Bus:

Maximum Speed: Up to 800 Mb/sec

ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro:

Chipset Model: ATI,RadeonHD2600
Type: Display
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: ATI

iMac:
Resolution: 1680 x 1050
Depth: 32-bit Color
Core Image: Hardware Accelerated
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Supported
Built-In: Yes
Display Connector:

Hopefully the great comunity can help, it always does

THX CROSSOVER WHOOT!

This is how to fix it

1.Backup your Garry's Mod Contents
2.Reinstall Steam and download & Install the games
3.Drag the Content that you might need

If that doesn't work reply to this post

I am suffering a similar problem. All of a sudden, my kernel failed, and my computer had to restart. I tried what you said, reinstalling steam and all of the games. However, this problem continues to happen. I think it has to do with Crossover Games itself, but I don't know if I can reinstall it without having to buy it again.

Edmond Offermann wrote:

I am suffering a similar problem. All of a sudden, my kernel failed,
and my computer had to restart. I tried what you said, reinstalling
steam and all of the games. However, this problem continues to
happen. I think it has to do with Crossover Games itself, but I
don't know if I can reinstall it without having to buy it again.

You can reinstall CrossOver Games without purchasing it. Log into your account and choose 'My Downloads' from the left hand corner. From here you can download CrossOver Games again. It will come in the form of a trial version but that is easily unlocked with your email address and password. Cheers!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSHJ3Y1ZwTFhoZVRYcXE5VSIsImdkcHIiOjB9