Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam message doesn't appear

The steam notifaction doesn't come up when they reply to my message if I'm not on the application so I don't know if they replied or not? So for example if I say Hi to Bob on the steam chat window and I go to firefox I have no way of knowing if he's replied to me since. Sorry if I didn't explain it properly.

I have a vague recollection of somebody else reporting this problem. I think what was happening is that the window showed up minimized in the Dock, perhaps with a blank Dock icon. Clicking on the empty space caused the window to come up. After that, the windows came up fine, without minimizing or otherwise requiring special action.

Yeah, new chats get automatically minimized for me, too. If I notice it minimizing, I jut click it in the dock and it opens the window fine for me. For the little notification box itself, if I'm on another program (native programs, I don't know about other CrossOver applications), it shows up for a split second but then hides behind any window in front of it quickly.

Anyone got a fix for the random minimizing or notification hiding?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYXRxYXBBd21uSHJKZVVDcCIsImdkcHIiOjB9