Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam error

Hey,

for some time now, after closing the steam GUI ( this with crossover games 8.1.2-8.1.4, running on OSX 10.6.2 in a virtual desktop) and attempting to close the virtual desktop window I get

SteamshutDownEngine failed with error 2: Steam library has not been initialized.

This is more of an annoyance really, as apps work without a problem. I retried repairing steam (no use, things went well but at some point got "could not poke firewall" error), reinstalled crossover games, reinstalled OSX (for different reasons), still no joy. I do have a working instance of wine 1.1.36 on the same system, and steam GUI has no problem there.
Any advice regarding the matter?

mihai

Edit:ouch, just saw the same issue a few posts down..., apologies for bringing this up in a different thread. Looks like some funny hook, as the issue happens upon closing the X window. However, if i start a game inside steam from the start menu shortcut, the X window closes without any error messages.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUkpLVHFSV01acEtBdndZYiIsImdkcHIiOjB9