Adobe Acrobat 5 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

"save as..." same problems

I also just installed Acrobat on my Gentoo system with version 4.0 of Crossover Office Standard. It installed fine and works great for opening PDFs and browsing PDFs (I've got Mozilla Firefox hooked up to launch Acrobat 5.0 when I hit a PDF on the web--no problems).

As mentioned, the "save as" doesn't work and, in fact, causes Acrobat to crash on my system. I haven't tried the workarounds yet but will give that a shot.

Thanks

CrossOver 4.1 didn't fix the problem. Acrobat 5.0 still crashes during "save as..."

I am assuming that it doesn't help to reinstall Acrobat with each version of CX Office. Does "save as..." work for anyone?

On Xandros dl3, and Crossover as distributed with it:
Distiller seems to do everything as required except that you can't drag files into the window, which means that you can't deal with a batch of files at once.
This is just annoying, but Acrobat hits a much more serious problem: you can't insert pages - this produces an error message about permission for the inserted file, which no actual change of permissions seems able to affect. This strange problem limits what can be done with batch processing, and also blocks off an obvious simple way round the save-as problem. Oddly, replacing pages works, but using this as a work-around is laborious, to put it mildly. Deleting pages also works.

For any of you still using Acrobat 5 Pro (like me) as at 2007-10-23, CXO version 6.2.0 installs Acrobat 5 Pro, and runs and saves files well enough.

Acrobat 5 Pro saves if you make a change to the document (add, delete, replace). ie: saving replaces the original.

Acrobat 5 Pro will not "save as" under any circumstances.

Therefore if you want to "save as", you have to think ahead and copy the PDF doco before you start making changes to the copy, and then you can save changes to the copy using "save".

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoid2twdDNYcDZxTHd2NjVkbiIsImdkcHIiOjB9