Balabolka 2.02 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Getting better audio [Ignore]

Win 10 64, BB 2.15.0.843

I am getting very mediocre audio if I read some text. I thought I had found the answer when I discovered the Options/Audio Files Dialogue Box. But I very soon realised that, whatever the supposed quality of sound I used (as in bitrate, audio format) I could make no difference, that I could discern, to the sound as read. I have ticked the Use this audio format for reading aloud also.

ahhh! It's only to set for SAPI5 and Microsoft sound platform. However, even using those I can hear no difference between 8KHz 8 bit and 44KHz 16 bit.

So at the moment I cannot get anything to sound different. If there is a way to change the sound, I would like it for SAPI 4, as the choice of vices are far better and seem to have more human intonation and pronunciation

Any help much appreciated. Alternatives to Balabolka are far more expensive than I can justify, certainly on the short term.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzE1NzkzNDc5LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoid05OVTZNNU1CZHlKVFc4biIsImdkcHIiOjB9