BibleWorks 9 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Hidden registration window

I just installed BibleWorks 9 (rev 4 DVDs) on Ubuntu 15.10 Mate Edition, but when I run BibleWorks it appears to hang. However, if I logout, then momentarily I can see that there was a hidden window asking to register BibleWorks, which, if I could have brought it to the top, I could have responded to it and I suspect BibleWorks would have run just fine. So is there any way I can bring that hidden registration window to the top? There are no "window handles" on the initial BibleWorks splash window with which to move it out of the way.

Never mind, I figured it out. Alt-SpaceBar brings up the window menu, from which I can move the hidden window out from behind the occluding window.

After distro-hopping for a while I'm giving Ubuntu Mate a try. I'm experiencing the same issue that you did, but I'm not able to navigate to the hidden window. Any other suggestions? Unfortunately, if I can't get this to work then I'll be going back to another distro just to get BW working.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY2RMcE5wNHJrUUZnNFVjVCIsImdkcHIiOjB9