Bridge Baron 14 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Tips and tricks did not work

Hi,

I've installed as suggested in the tips & tricks and it does not work completely.

You refer to crossover directory when in fact the default directory is cxoffice.

After I installed crossover 2.1.0, Bridge Baron 14 demo worked. But when I completed step 4 and 5, Bridge Baron stoped working. The app starts, the logo appears then nothing happens.

Seams that the workaround does not work with mandrake 9.0.

I will test the workaround on suse 9.1 personnal edition and on a fedora core 2 install and let you know of the outcome on these tests.

Andre

Thanks for catching the directory mistake, I fixed that. I think the problem you are having is because you are using the DEMO version. Every time the demo version starts it resets the user prefrences which then causes just the flash screen to pop up and then nothing. This was a regression that was introduced in the 3.x versions and I hope to get it addressed during the 3.1 beta period. I will test the demo version with my instructions and see it if I can figure a work around. BTW, I use the full version all the time (I'm new to bridge and need the practice) under RedHat EL 3.0 and Fedora Core 2 with cxoffice 3.0.1 and it works perfect after I do the workaround in the tips and tricks.

OK, I've spent a little more time tracking down how to workaround the bug. I've added a new workaround for the 3.x version of Crossover. I've also updated the old workaround for 2.1.0. This should work for both the DEMO and FULL versions of Bridge Baron 14. Please give these a try and let me know how it worked.

I was able to run the demo on Fedora core 2 and Crossover 3.0.1 following your tips. On the other hand I was unable to run it on mandrake 9.0 or suse 9.1. I will rank it silver

Thanks David

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoic0F1RzJwQ0pQWEY3bXZVVSIsImdkcHIiOjB9