Cisco IP Communicator 7.0.3.3 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Description of functionality

Application can be installed without any issue. It's running correctly. But time to time, if you click somewhere else then to buttons, communicator GUI crashed. Application remains on background, but I did not succeed to resurrect the GUI. Simple restart of communicator is enough. In this case, if you are clicking only on buttons, it's working correctly. But as I said, it happens time to time. I did not find the trigger of this issue.

While starting main application it shows error box:

Communicator - Exception Error
Unable to initialize support for Cisco Emergency responder service. Please consult you system administrator.

This error can be ignored. It's not affecting the functionality of the application.

To disable the message add this regkey via regedit:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Communicator]
"EnableCDP"=dword:00000000

Tested on:

Lenovo Thinkpad T61 - working fine
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)

Lenovo Thinkpad T400 - not working - Error message "No compatible sound device found"
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)

Dell D630 - not working - Error message "No compatible sound device found"
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 02)

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWWVaZXJRUW5aSlhMQUFicSIsImdkcHIiOjB9