Downloader for MSDN AA Applications Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

"Must specify a valid directory"

Cannot get this to work on Crossover 10 for Mac. I've tried an IE6 bottle and it constantly tells me I must specify a valid directory. I've tried manually creating a Temp directory, and that doesn't work. I've tried using a different volume like Y: or Z:, and that hasn't worked at all either.

Any ideas?

I am also encountering this error.

This is strange. I have not always encountered this error. Looks like since Microsoft made some modifications to MSDNAA (both the website and the application that has some differences from the first screenshots), something became broken.

Yeah, I noticed it too. It's a shame. Even all my downloads (history) are gone.. I can redownload the new one's though, but now facing the problem of the invalid directory issue. Tried both slashes (/ and ), but nothing seems to work. It seems some kind of interfacing in between the path selector and WINE's directory service collide..

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI0OTU4MTA0LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOUw3ZUdLRWNHcmZzMk5OVyIsImdkcHIiOjB9