Dreamweaver 8 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Successfull install on SuSE Linux 10.1

I installed sucessfully Dreamweaver 8 on a SuSE Linux 10.1 using crossover.
No need of crack. I own a legal Dreamweaver 8 copy and i installed it on WindowsXP. I copied as i stated below. There is no need to regedit and copy the registry key.

Copy the folder called "Macromedia" from C:\Program Files\ on the Windows box to the ~/.cxoffice/win2000/drive_c/Program Files/ folder on the Linux box
Copy the folder "Macromed" from the C:\Windows\System32\ folder on Windows to ~/.cxoffice/win2000/drive_c/windows/system32/ folder on the Linux box
Copy the "Macromedia" folder from C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ on Windows to ~/.cxoffice/win2000/drive_c/windows/profiles/All Users/ on the Linux box
Copy the "Macromedia" folder from C:\Program Files\Common Files\ on Windows to ~/.cxoffice/win2000/drive_c/Program Files/Common Files on the Linux box

Then i created a shortcut to application that uses this command:

/opt/cxoffice/bin/wine --bottle "win2000" "/home/USERCHANGETHIS/.cxoffice/win2000/drive_c/Program Files/Macromedia/Dreamweaver 8/Dreamweaver.exe"

Much more stable than MX. No crash until now.

Note: no need for cxoffice. With last version of WINE works perfectly.

bye bye windowz!

IMPORTANT NOTE:

This works for me only on Win200 bottle. In Win98 don't work for me.

I thinks it's because i natively installed dreamweaver on WinXP and activation is at

/home/USER/.cxoffice/win2000/drive_c/Windows/profiles/All Users/Application Data/Macromedia/

There is no such directories on win98. I think that's why don't work.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOUFzVU1VbXQ4TDdzOXFKWiIsImdkcHIiOjB9