DVDFab Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Error message during install

I receive the following error message while trying to install the current version of DVDFab:

"Access violation at address 00000000. Write of address 00000000."

I tried creating a XP and 2000 bottles and both yielded the same bizarre error. Any ideas on what could be going wrong? Clearly this has hasn't been a problem for others—could it be the latest version (6218)?

Thanks!

damn, isn't anybody from the developers watching this forum???

same errors all over. there has to be a comment on this at least!!!

this is an unsupported app, so if it works, great, but if not, then you may need to go to an older version -- i will load it up tonight and see if i can get it to work with the newest version.

I would like to see DVDFab in the supported list. This is what would make CodeWeavers an acceptable purchase.

I get the same error in Ubuntu64

I installed IE and still I get the error.

It is closer to running on Wine as far as I'm concerned and I cannot run it completely there either.

I finally got round to testing the latest installer of DVDFab, namely version 6.2.1.8. Goo dnews for those who did not get it running, or bad news for those who allready did what I just did and can't get it to install anyway.

Important is that you first install Internet Explorer 7 (do NOT install version 6 since that will NOT be enough) in a Windows XP bottle, if all goes well, this will automatically install Microsoft XML Parser 3.0 package (if not, then make sure you install that as well) and the Flash plugin. The flash plugin you don't need but it is installed anyway. After IE 7 has been installed, install DVDFab 6 ... I think the XML parser is required and the lack of this package together with IE 7 is causing an access violation. DVDFab installer just assumes these are installed by default. Weird, since it did not before and also did not need to. Installing only the XML parser package is not enough either (I tested it :) ).

Hello,

Im new, still trying to figure out what Im doing but I was able to successfully install DVDFab tonight. I had to install IE7 first, it loaded flash, XML parser and a few other things with it as well. After that was installed the DVDFab install went without a hitch.
Just thought Id let you know it can be done. I received the same error in the first post the first time I tried but I didnt have IE installed.

Im running Snow Leopard 10.6.2 currently.

Thanks!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzE1NzkzNDc5LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoic1NWQkp2WDh1MzVNUXZxVCIsImdkcHIiOjB9