e-Sword Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Solution to Problems Installing E-Sword EXE modules

Hi Guys, I am a Windows XP user, but I do a lot of module creation for e-Sword. I have over a 1000 books in TOP modules at my site. <a title="e-Sword Download Pages" href="http://www.davidcox.com.mx/e-swordmodules/topicsA.htm">e-Sword Modules</a>

Concerning the problems with installing some modules under other operating systems with WINE, etc., this is a problem. The problem is that the installation module is a self executing zip (exe) instead of just a zipped archive. I use Total Commander http://www.ghisler.com/. It is a shareware program for managing files like the old Norton Commander. Note: The shareware version has a nag screen but otherwise it is fully operational like the paid version.

My observation for you guys is this. If you can get this to work under WINE, then open one of the Total Commander panels to where the Self Installing Exe e-Sword Module is, and instead of clicking on it, do a control left arrow (if it is in the right panel window). The second window under Total Commander should open the exe as a folder where you can just copy them out of the zip like a normal ZIP manager program. What it does is open the EXE as a zip file instead of running it. You view the EXE as if it were just a normal ZIP file. This should work the same under any zip manager program, but I use Total Commander.

I use Spanish XP, and I install a lot of English modules. So the people who write these compressed EXE's sometimes install to where Windows says the e-Sword folder is (on my system it is C:\Archivos de Programa\e-Sword) and sometimes they hard wire it to C:\programs, so I have to play hunt the module. (Sometimes My Documents/e-Sword).

Hope this helped.
Pastor David Cox
Please visit my website!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWkJKUUZjcVJacFZ6clA3NCIsImdkcHIiOjB9