EVE Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

New Eve Trinity expansion breaks Crossover Compatibility

After patching to the Trinity expansion, Eve is no longer usable. Upon launching, the splash screen comes up as normal, and then Crossover produces a Yes/No dialog asking the user, "Cannot locate dx3d or the correct version. Application may not run. Continue?" or something along those lines. Pressing "Yes" only causes the dialog to reappear. Finally, pressing "No" causes the application to no longer work. Restarting Crossover and the application only causes the app to just launch the splash screen and then stop. I hope this can be resolved soon as the "Official Mac Client" isn't as good as running the windows version via crossover.

I've also tried to install the trinity classic client in a new bottle and the installation fails. Just before the installation of EvE is about to start, a dialog pops up stating that admin rights as required. When the OK button is clicked, the dialog simply reappears. So you're stuck in a loop.

Th. Tollenboom wrote:

I've also tried to install the trinity classic client in a new
bottle and the installation fails. Just before the installation of
EvE is about to start, a dialog pops up stating that admin rights as
required. When the OK button is clicked, the dialog simply
reappears. So you're stuck in a loop.

Same here. It happens with both the upgrade and a full install for me.

As mentioned in another thread, the new eve client uses a few things that crossover 6.2 does not have yet, like asynchronous IO. We implemented this in newer Wine versions, so the next release will have support for that, and eve should work again. But I am afraid that the new client will not work with the current Crossover release.

So as sad as it is for me, the only things I can recommend you for now is to use the official port that is available from the eve-online website, or use Wine.

The changes needed to get Eve working are too big to just put them into 6.2 and ship a minor update, and the current 7.0 development code still needs a lot of stabilization.

Stefan Dösinger wrote:

The changes needed to get Eve working are too big to just put them
into 6.2 and ship a minor update, and the current 7.0 development
code still needs a lot of stabilization.

Is there an ETA on 7.0? i can't seem to find any information about it anywhere on this site.

paulkalupnieks wrote:

Is there an ETA on 7.0? i can't seem to find any information about
it anywhere on this site.

We don't post ETA or timelines on our site. We are shooting for an early 2008 release of 7.0, but I can't be any more exact than that. We ship when all of our internal goals have been met.

Jeremy Newman wrote:

paulkalupnieks wrote:

Is there an ETA on 7.0? i can't seem to find any
information about it anywhere on this site.

We don't post ETA or timelines on our site. We are shooting for an
early 2008 release of 7.0, but I can't be any more exact than that.
We ship when all of our internal goals have been met.

Well that's far better than, "when it's done". I look forward to EVE running correctly again. The official "port" for mac runs less than desirably on my current set up. Kudos to the Crossover team for doing a great job so far.

paulkalupnieks wrote:

Well that's far better than, "when it's done". I look forward to EVE
running correctly again. The official "port" for mac runs less than
desirably on my current set up. Kudos to the Crossover team for
doing a great job so far.

Agreed. Great job CrossOver team. I agree, I tried out the official "port" when it came out and found that it runs better under CrossOver. :)

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzE4MDM3Nzg4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV25meVVFVlZSVzVtTVpKNSIsImdkcHIiOjB9