EVE Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

EVE will not start

I recently downloaded the trial version of this software to try to get EVE online running, If It works I will gladly purchase it, but right now whenever I start eve, it displays the splash screen, and then stops, the process "ExeFile.exe" just sits there idling. It installed as the program directed, (although I had to wipe and reinstall once due to some bizzare error).

Running with pure Wine 1.0.0 the program boots correctly and runs with strange graphical issues, such as the textures universally not loading, and white blocks on random buttons. Wine 1.1.4 fails to boot at all, might this be an issue with having wine already installed? If crossover games runs in a separate installation block I haven't the least idea what could be wrong.

As far as I know, there should be no problem in having Crossover Games and Wine installed at the same time.

In particular, I have both installed separately (for different purposes), and have seen no conflict between them whatsoever. What is your hardware? In particular, there used to be many issues with the drivers for ATI cards... but little with NVIDIA. Furthermore, a new NVIDIA driver for Linux was released a couple of days ago, containing fixes for several bugs. If you have such card, you may want to give them a try:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_ia32_180.29.html
http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_amd64_180.29.html

I should have mentioned, I'm running this on a Toshiba satellite A200-AH5 laptop, It's Video card is an integrated Intel graphics card if memory serves. I know that this machine can run eve with classic content as it worked on vista(that partition since deceased), I know that installing with the premium client I can run with classic graphics so It shouldn't be a problem if it boots to login.

On pure wine it boots and runs with terrible graphics errors, so It should run If I can figure out how to fix whatever is wrong.

Hi,
The Intel graphics driver in almost all distros is in a horrible shape. The driver developers are working on more or less a rewrite of the driver, which is in a pretty final state already. The needed infrastructure for the new driver(GEM and DRI2) is already in the Linux kernel and Xorg development tree, so it should appear in new distros in maybe a few months(my personal estimate, I am not working on the driver myself)

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzE4MDM3Nzg4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTFQyVUxYODNndUg3VU5OVSIsImdkcHIiOjB9