EverQuest Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Everquest steam via latest crossover

Unfortunately i've been unable to get this running thus far. It works fine on parallels but i'd prefer to use crossover.

I managed to get around the launcher not working by using --disable-gpu and have the game patched up.

However. no matter what i do. I can't get past the server select / loading screen. Character select won't load the game just exits.

I have tried installing every manner of directx crossover provides. I have tried downloading dxwebsetup and a few other dx versions manually, no change. I have tried with D3D enabled or DXVK enabled, Esync on and off. No change.

I'm stuck and out of ideas... does EQ work on crossover still?

M1 Macbook Pro Max laptop running sonoma

Thanks!

Yes it does, I've not tried it through Steam I would suggest just running the Crosstie for Everquest to install it. There are some other dependencies it installs like fonts and the xml parser that are needed. You do not need to use D3DMetal, DXVK, or esync.
D3DMetal is only needed for DX11 or DX12 on Mac. EQ currently on Live is still using DX9 for a couple more weeks. DXVK forces use of MoltenVK on Macs which EQ doesn't use at all.

However once DX11 gets pushed to live before the end of the month it will probably not work as the shaders will not load currently. I've tested this on the test server which has already switched to DX11. Now when this happens you will need to use D3DMetal, but as I stated currently none of the shaders load so all you see is partical effects, name plates and the UI.

Not sure if this is a Crossover, EQ, or D3DMetal issue.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzE1NzkzNDc5LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWEI3eXZ3dWRwWldXRXB0eCIsImdkcHIiOjB9