FIFA 06 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Could not run FIFA 06 on Mac OS X 10.5.8 with CXG 9.1 and GMA 950 chipset

FIFA 06 was successfully installed on my Mac OS X 10.5.8 using CrossOver Games v9.1. However, this game was prevented from running by a failure in my win32 exe and/or the wine engine. This was using a GMA 950 display chipset.

Martin Bernstein wrote:

FIFA 06 was successfully installed on my Mac OS X 10.5.8 using
CrossOver Games v9.1. However, this game was prevented from running
by a failure in my win32 exe and/or the wine engine. This was using
a GMA 950 display chipset.

Hi Martin,

Ahh... GMA-950....the rule of thumb here is going to be one of "most all/any
issues you have with win32 apps running under Crossover, are more than likely
going to be due to the GMA 950 video chipset/drivers"....I'm not saying the apps
won't work (some might not), but I am saying this'll be why you're experiencing
difficulties when others seems to have little trouble. You could troll through
the forums here and see if you spot a solution for other app using the GMA950
that may also work for you...see;

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/search/?keywords=gma+950&search=forum&=

I don't have a gma950 fitted Mac myself...however...I'm pretty sure the Codeweaver's
crew have one inhouse -- when our Marvelous Ninjas return in the next 10~12hours time,
I'll ask one of them if there's any standard pattern of things to try for this chipset.
Perhaps you may see/find a solution in the forums in the interim - if you have any
questions about something you do find in the forums and don't understand, just post
back here and I'll be able to advise you further...

Cheers, and thanks for posting into these otherwise 'dormant' C4 app forums!

Hi,

Apparently any solution here will be app specific, and thus you'll have to
proceed along a 'try it and see' basis to get to the bottom of it...

"Launch "Wine Configuration" in the Bottle Manager and go into graphics tab; disable both vertex and pixel shaders."

citing: http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=1185;tips=1

There are other settings in the Wine Configuration graphics tab you can try,
emulate a virtual desktop would be the first to try, followed by the other
switches there regarding window manager control of window/decorations.

If not of those 'obviously' notions work, perhaps a registry fix is needed,
so if you can tell me how much videoram the GMA950 has that would be helpful.

Also, which release version of this game do you have? If it's the CD based
version, it may be disc based DRM that's the culprit here - let me know.

Cheers!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQVAyYXFyQVJVMmNQSHN4eCIsImdkcHIiOjB9