FIFA 11 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Works great on MacMini

To install, I made sure that I had already made a bottle with .Net 3.0 Redist in it and installed the game into this bottle.

The game runs great for me other there being shadows everywhere on the lower rendering settings.

An FYI - the settings window isn't great, so the best way I found to change the settings is in User/Documents/Fifa 11 and fifasetup.ini (use BBEdit or something)

(I'm on a MacMini with a 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 9400M)

NUMBER_SPEAKERS 2 (5 made the commentary bad)

RENDERINGQUALITY 0, 2, 3, 4 (For 2& 4 I received an error, but the game played - which it didn't for 1 as the game didn't load. For 3 it worked just fine) - Rendering increased in quality as the number was increased.

WAITFORVSYNC 0 (For 1 I got an error, and the game didn't play)

MSAA_LEVEL 0, 1, 2

for Aspect Ratio and resolutions, use your head. They didn't cause any crashes or anything if I changed them.

I have made it all the way to the startup screen. You're right about the settings window being poor, so I used BBEdit and made the changes you recommended. However, when I hit the play button, I get a blank white screen and no response from the game. Any help you could give would be appreciated. Thank you.

mike wrote:

I have made it all the way to the startup screen. You're right about
the settings window being poor, so I used BBEdit and made the
changes you recommended. However, when I hit the play button, I get
a blank white screen and no response from the game. Any help you
could give would be appreciated. Thank you.

Have you tried forcing CrossOver to run the game in an emulated desktop? I did it for the screenshots (see the tab at the top) and it seemed to play the game better. I didn't get any white screen - what's your computer's setup?

(To do so - select your bottle in Manage Bottles hit control panel and then WineConfiguation. Click the graphics tab, and then click to emulate a virtual desktop. Choose a size that'll fit in your screen and Apply. When you open the game up, it should play the game within a desktop.)

i ve got a mac book pro and installed fifa from a the original dvd. now when i try to start the game it looks fine and the start up menu pops up, but once i hit the button "play" and the game is supposed to start actually. a new window pops up and says i should insert fifa 11 cd/dvd, but the dvd is in?! any solutions to fix this?

I tried using it on my Ubuntu 9.10 64 bit.Its getting stuck when I the game and it transforms from the practice ground to the stadium.

Hey,

Im using MacBookPro laptop 10.5.8 256MB 2.4GHz Intel Core 2Duo
I managed to install and launched FIFA11 successfully ...
After I choose favourite club .... Error Compabitility pops up and my screen turn black (blank)? Why?

I also cannot run the game. It all looks fine until I try to run the game. A window pops up saying that I need to insert CD/DVD to play. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks for your help.

[http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/dmca]

sorry for edits - admin

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoid3VQcW5oVnl5c0pTWFU0OSIsImdkcHIiOjB9