Guild Wars 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

runs good with 12.1.0

I feels so, that gw2 is running a bit better wit Crossover 12.1.0

But please enable GLSL by default in a gw2 bottle. On Linux it is ugly without it 😉
And not everyone know that it look better with GLSL enabled.
The blue fog is gone with it 😉

And is there a way to let Crossover set all cpu cores to max speed on game start und set in to ondemand on end?
It gives me a massive performance boost if I set all cores to max speed.

It seems wine has still problems with the dynamic speed setting.

Indeed, I recognized a significant performance boost after setting the CPU and GPU frequency governors to (maximum) performance.

For the GPU part on nVidia cards:
Start nvidia-settings and for each GPU select PowerMizer and set the Preferred Mode to "Prefer Maximum Performance".

For the CPU part you may start with this wiki page weil Du im Guild Wars 2 Forum auch auf Deutsch geschrieben hast:
http://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/Prozessortaktung

You may use the listed gov-script in one of your own scripts to set the governor to performance before GW2 starts and back to ondemand after the game has quit.
Please note that the gov-script will ask for your sudo-password each time you want to set the governor, this is the main cause why I prefer setting the governor manually via the GNOME extension.

Just to provide some numbers:
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-2760QM CPU @ 2.40GHz × 8
GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 570M
Average framerate in Lions Arch: ondemand: 15 fps, performance: 25 fps

Magoo.5726

Magoo wrote:

Indeed, I recognized a significant performance boost after setting
the CPU and GPU frequency governors to (maximum) performance.

For the GPU part on nVidia cards:
Start nvidia-settings and for each GPU select PowerMizer and set the
Preferred Mode to "Prefer Maximum Performance".

For the CPU part you may start with this wiki page weil Du im Guild
Wars 2 Forum auch auf Deutsch geschrieben hast:
http://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/Prozessortaktung

You may use the listed gov-script in one of your own scripts to set
the governor to performance before GW2 starts and back to ondemand
after the game has quit.
Please note that the gov-script will ask for your sudo-password each
time you want to set the governor, this is the main cause why I
prefer setting the governor manually via the GNOME extension.

Just to provide some numbers:
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-2760QM CPU @ 2.40GHz × 8
GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 570M
Average framerate in Lions Arch: ondemand: 15 fps, performance: 25
fps

Magoo.5726

Great tip, I noticed a nice bit of difference when making these changes. Running at about 40fps now in combat situations which is is a gain of about 10-15fps on average. Thank you.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzE1MTc3Njg1LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSlhmYm5wc0FWVnhQcEhGQSIsImdkcHIiOjB9