Half-Life 2: Episode 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

experience on MacBook Pro MA895

Have 6.2 version of Crossover Mac. Leopard with all its updates installed.

Run EP2... ouch! No fonts! So, i used a trick with fonts (tf2 alpha). It helps!
Then I tried so set up video settings to proper ones.... game crashed. not even game - entire system! So, it seems, that it is badly written video drivers. And this issue will be fixed by Apple soon (I hope so!).

After restarting I tried to launch game again (with -console -windowed comands) - no deal! The only solution was to remove HL2: Ep2 folder from <SteamFoder>\SteamApps\<account name> folder.
I started game again and it works great!

But! it is played in DX8.1-hardware mode and DX9-software mode.... why?
Game looks like very old :(

I did not change any video settings (except resolution - it is 1440x900).

Mine is the same. You can change the advanced video options to a higher setting to make it look better, unless that's what made it crash

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTHZRcVBxVGdOR1NKeGZWNyIsImdkcHIiOjB9