Half-Life 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Some comments on Portal compatibility

Hi,

I just finished playing through Portals. Other than having to use the registry hack suggested in another post to get visible text in the UI, the game is perfectly playable. I noticed a few glitches along the way which I thought I'd share:

1. The mouse pointer will sometimes not appear when you exit to the UI. At other times, it will be visible in-game even though it shouldn't be, overlapping the crosshair.

2. The view through the portals is sometimes wrong. Objects just behind the exit portal might be visible through the entry portal.

3. There's quite a lot of "z-fighting" going on with decals on walls.

4. The game locks up (the three or so times I tried at least) when you finish one of the bonus maps.

5. The mouse response is a bit laggy.

I'm not sure which of these can be blamed on Crossover as I haven't run the game under Windows.

System:
CrossOver 6.2.0
OS X 10.4.10
MacBook Pro
Radeon X1600

Cheers,
Ulf

Two more things:

1. The game doesn't remember (or resets) the Portal render depth between sessions. It's always set to 1 when you start the game.

2. The Portal logo in the UI isn't rendered properly. Each letter is surrounded by a white box.

Thanks for the detailed reports. We'll take a look at these, and hopefully have a fix with 7.0 (or maybe earlier, if we're lucky).

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTnBTOHZ1Zm5wSkZkUWNXbSIsImdkcHIiOjB9