Half-Life 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

HL2 EP:2 random shutdown.

before you read and try to solve my problem, i'm about to mention a specific part of EP:2 later in the game. dont read if you dont like spoilers! you have been warned!

in Episode 2, you come to a gated revene, and when you walk around the gate, you see a downed combine transport. as you walk up to the transport, a tripod walker leaps out and then the game freezes and quits! any suggestions?

never mind, the problem fixed itself. if you have the same problem, just ignore the strider instead of trying to kill it and DOG will attack it for you.

I'm actually having a similar problem. My game crashes when I am in the strider battle at the end. One of the NPC's says "Strider at the sawmill" and as soon as I turn around to face it the game goes into a sound loop and crashes. Anyone know what could be going on? I'm running it with the suggested launch options and my computer is a 15" MBP with a 2.4Ghz processor, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GEForce 8600GT with 256 MB RAM. The rest of the game has played fine until this point with only slight lag problems in the big outdoor areas.

I don't know the specific reason for this crash, yet. However, I can recommend that usual things: try playing with your video settings. You can try setting everything to low, or you can try tweaking one setting at a time. (Believe it or not, we've seen crashes that were specific to everything-low that went away with higher settings!)

I have no idea why this worked, but I told HL2 to start up in Windows 98 instead of 2000 and I was able to play through the crash point and finish the game. The only problems then were that it was a bit laggy.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZUJrZG5FWFpzRUZ6SjNuVCIsImdkcHIiOjB9