Left 4 Dead 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Can't start source games after 11.2 update

When trying to launch L4D2 or TF2 from Steam, they both immediately crash after the 'Preparing to launch' window pops up. The only error that I'm given is 'The program left4dead2.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close'.

I tested a couple of other games (Mass Effect and Shutter) and the both ran without any issues.

Prior to updating Crossover everything worked fine. Is anyone else seeing this problem? Any solutions?

System info:
Fedora 17
Nvidia 550Ti (driver 295.59)

...both titles still seem to be working fine after the
11.2 update, on my x86_64 CLFS multilib & nvidia 9800gt
with 295.20 drivers... {shrug}... perhaps it's f17 related..

I just upgraded to 11.2 and my L4D2 errors out with MS C++ R6025 - Pure virtual system call (or something like that). It is as it's loading after the first intro video.

It was working fine under 11.1.

AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 3.2GHz
2G memory
Linux ubuntu 3.2.0-26-generic #41-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jun 14 17:49:24 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

• Update: I did the "verify cache integrity" on Left4Dead2 and one file was fixed which solved the issue.

Should have tried that first. Not sure that the upgrade had anything to do with it, maybe just coincidence.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiM2FFODVrblg4RW5MZVNVcSIsImdkcHIiOjB9