Legend of Grimrock 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

GoG Version does not install

Tried to install the GoG version using CrossOver but encountered these errors.

Towards the end of the install I get these errors.

Unable to execute file, shutdown
<OK>
Shellexecuteex failed code 2, file not found
<OK>
Runtime error (at 68:445)
<OK>
Runtime error (at 196:799)
<OK>
Runtime error (at 196:799), Out of range
<OK>
Runtime error (at 196:7990, Out of range
<OK>

That,s it install fails at that point.

Run the installer with these options: /NOGUI /SILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES

You'll need to add DirectX 9 Modern to the same bottle.

Silviu Cojocaru wrote:

Run the installer with these options: /NOGUI /SILENT
/SUPPRESSMSGBOXES

You'll need to add DirectX 9 Modern to the same bottle.

Thanks for the reply, I have created a bottle for Windows 7 and included DirctX9 into that bottle, where do I put the option ?

Why Windows 7?

To install, open the Bottle Manager (Tools -> Manage bottles), click on the Run Command button, find the gog installer, add those options at the end. Leave a space between the path to the installer and the options.

Game all installs OK now but will not run, It opens in the Dock and just closes.

Many many thanks for your help so far though.

Are you sure you added DirectX 9 Modern to the same bottle?

Silviu Cojocaru wrote:

Are you sure you added DirectX 9 Modern to the same bottle?

Ah, no I added DirectX 9 from within CrossOver, cannot seem to locate DirectX 9 Modern to use.

That one should be fine too. just wanted to make sure it was installed in the same bottle as the game and not in a separate bottle.

Chris Shaw wrote:

Silviu Cojocaru wrote:

Are you sure you added DirectX 9 Modern to the same
bottle?

Ah, no I added DirectX 9 from within CrossOver, cannot seem to
locate DirectX 9 Modern to use.

Yup, I created the bottle for Windows 7 and added DirectX 9, and did the option.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieGtxS1RyQ3dSRkJ2ZlIzZSIsImdkcHIiOjB9