Lord of the Rings Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Give me Advanced Graphics!

Hey all-

Just finished patching through PyLoTRO, and started the game up for the first time using CXG's latest version. Got past the black screen then Finished issue by installing the DirectX Runtime Support - Modern package into the LOTRO bottle...

Anyways, on the character select screen I clicked options. I clicked "Detect Optimal Settings" on the graphics tab, and it suggested Low overall with Anti-aliasing disabled as the only option. When I ran LOTRO through bootcamp on my windows partition, it recognized my graphics card fine and recommended Very High overall graphics and 4x anti-aliasing. However, this version of LOTRO on my mac is suggesting Low, and the only option is DirectX 9.

How can I fix this so that I may play using Anti-Aliasing enabled? And now Full screen isn't working...

Thanks a million.

Sordi wrote:

Anyways, on the character select screen I clicked options. I clicked
"Detect Optimal Settings" on the graphics tab, and it suggested Low
overall with Anti-aliasing disabled as the only option. When I ran
LOTRO through bootcamp on my windows partition, it recognized my
graphics card fine and recommended Very High overall graphics and 4x
anti-aliasing. However, this version of LOTRO on my mac is
suggesting Low, and the only option is DirectX 9, instead of 10 that
I had whilst using windows.

In my experience, and I've been told it is because WINE "gets in the way," LOTRO always suggests "low overall" when you "Detect Optimal Settings" (including under 10.0b1, CXG 9.2 is the current live version) and it doesn't seem to matter if you do it from the Character Generation screen or "in-game."

I always wind up going in and changing all of the settings manually, which "seems to work." (As I recall, I have most evrything set to "high", but I'd have to check.

I normally run on a 2007 iMac - NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT - 1920x1200 - 32-Bit Color - 256MB VRAM.
"Microsoft DirectX runtime - Modern" is installed, according to "Manage Bottles/Applications." This install was accomplished via the C4P install script.
My 2008 MacBook Pro - NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT - 512MB VRAM - acts the same way.

William H. Magill wrote:

Sordi wrote:

Anyways, on the character select screen I clicked
options. I clicked "Detect Optimal Settings" on the graphics tab,
and it suggested Low overall with Anti-aliasing disabled as the
only
option. When I ran LOTRO through bootcamp on my windows partition,
it recognized my graphics card fine and recommended Very High
overall graphics and 4x anti-aliasing. However, this version of
LOTRO on my mac is suggesting Low, and the only option is DirectX
instead of 10 that I had whilst using windows.

In my experience, and I've been told it is because WINE "gets in the
way", LOTRO always suggests "low overall" when you "Detect Optimal
Settings" (including under 10.0b1, CXG 9.2 is the current live
version) and it doesn't seem to matter if you do it from the
Character Generation screen or "in-game."

I always wind up going in and changing all of the settings manually,
which "seems to work." (As I recall, I have most evrything set to
"high", but I'd have to check.

I normally run on a 2007 iMac - NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT - 1920x1200

• 32-Bit Color - 256MB VRAM.
    "Microsoft DirectX runtime - Modern" is installed, according to
    "Manage Bottles/Applications." This install was accomplished via the
    C4P install script.
    My 2008 MacBook Pro - NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT - 512MB VRAM - acts
    the same way.

I just discovered that DirectX 10 is NOT supported through CXG yet as a runtime addon...and I've updated my post to reflect that. My main query is how to play full screen at the right resolution on a 13" MacBook Pro, with Anti-aliasing enabled...

Thanks

Sordi wrote:

I just discovered that DirectX 10 is NOT supported through CXG yet
as a runtime addon...and I've updated my post to reflect that. My
main query is how to play full screen at the right resolution on a
13" MacBook Pro, with Anti-aliasing enabled...

I normally run "full screen" (on both the iMac and MacBook Pro) -- that is I run the game "windowed" (full-screen in Options is NOT checked) and then drag the window to occupy the screen real estate I want.

On the Pro (15 inch), I run at 1440x878, however, I cannot "turn on" anti-aliasing - the only option is "disabled." In general, all graphics options are set to "high".

I appreciate that you run the game in windowed mode, but I still can't figure out how to run it truly full screen... :(

Check your bottle with the configuration wizard : Uncheck "virtual desktop emulation".
Start Lotro. In Option > Advanced Graphics Setting panel you get a checkbox "fullscreen".

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieGhMUzNtQVB2U3NYN2NNQSIsImdkcHIiOjB9