Lord of the Rings Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installing LOTRO SoM

Hi I realised I downloaded the standard version of crossover instead of the games version, which is probably why I couldn't get the C4P working or the game after running the installer.

Tonight I'm going to install the games version and give it another go. I've already downloaded the full client installer, will C4P redownload all this or will it let me select where the files are for installing as on my connection it takes around 14+ hours to download.

Running Linux Mint 9 - 64 bit

regards

No you won't have to re-download LotRO, you should get the option to select an installer, use that to point at setup.exe (or whatever they are calling it now). It will download PyLotRO for you but that is about 14MB.

You probably won;t be able to patch today/tomorrow. Servers are down ready for the F2P headstart on the 9th.

thanks - removed standard version and installed the games version - clicked on the C4P to install LOTRO and was surprised to see it say 'not supported by codeweavers' but it downloaded the pylotro install and now installing the main game again.

once complete will see if can get it to patch so can get back online tonight sometime

update: currently patching the game

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieWdWTU1raG5QWUpTTlJLciIsImdkcHIiOjB9