Lord of the Rings Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Disappointment: Crash on launch

Might have to rethink my gold rating.

Just wiped and recreated my LOTRO bottle. CXG 9.1, using the C4P here.

Using the pre-F2P Mirkwood (US/NA) files, CXG installed PyLOTRO 0.1.13 and I fully patched the game files.

Whenever I try to launch LOTRO, the screen goes black (as if it were starting up) then promptly brings me back to the PyLOTRO window.

Fixed it.

Inspired by a similarly-behaving issue with FFXIV, I reinstalled (updated?) DirectX Moderm into the bottle. That's all it took.

p.s Unrelated, I find it a bit amusing that after having paid for a "lifetime" membership, it went free to play. :D

On the plus side, you have VIP status and 500 TP a month :)

LOL That is true. :)

That reminds mine... How many TP are the Moria and SOM expansions? (They're not showing in my turbine store)

1995 points for SOM (I bought it with points) I think the same for Moria but not 100% sure.

I reinstalled Direct X Modern and it will actually load, but now it gets to the point where it is about to show me the screen with all the characters and stops saying, "error: cannot patch". I patched the game again, but it didn't help. Any suggestions?

same problem I just posted. this has come up since the original F2P patch, as I was playing on Sept 8th and 9th

Kayla wrote:

I reinstalled Direct X Modern and it will actually load, but now it
gets to the point where it is about to show me the screen with all
the characters and stops saying, "error: cannot patch". I patched
the game again, but it didn't help. Any suggestions?

The error message implies that you still need to do a valid patching.

See the thread:

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=2869;forum=1;msg=89756

And the two Tips & Tricks...
A note about patching LOTRO
Complete step-by-step installation instructions: section "An alternate vesion of Phase 3 patching. (16 September 2010)"

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZW5UaFJNV2ZOeVdxSGFkTiIsImdkcHIiOjB9