Microsoft Outlook 2010 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

outlook won't "restore" stays fullscreen

Hi Guys,

Outlook 2010 was running perfectly for me, I've had no issues until now.

Outlook is fullscreen, and when I open a new message it also opens full screen. the "restore" option is grayed out on the program icon menu (top left) and clicking the "maximize/restore" button on the right hand side (next to the X) just makes it do a wee dance then sit back where it was on full screen.

When I'm away from my desk and only using 1 monitor, outlook coveres over my gnome panels so I can't do anything apart from minimize outlook.

I've gone in to the bottle's wine settings and unchecked "allow window manager to decorate windows" but that had no effect.

I've also tried "Move" and "Size" from the program icon, neiter of them worked.

Another thing I tried was right clicking the task bar button for outlook and using "maximise" and "resize" from there, but this also did not work.

any ideas?

Let me guess -- Gnome3?

not gnome, I'm using MATE 1.2

I'm in Linux Mint 13

That's strange:

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/tickets/browse/?ticket_id=86053

I was almost sure the bug is Gnome3 related. Or it might be possible that Mate got enough from Gnome3 to be contaminated with this regression.

Dou you run dual monitor configuration on Nvidia?

I'm using an ATI/AMD chipset

no ideas anyone?

At the moment I'm having to trial windows 8 and office 2013 in a VM for work, it would be a shame to have make this my permanent solution after paying for crossover.

I just keep it fullscreen on my Gnome3 machine.

You may try "real" Gnome2 to see if it persists.

arkanoid wrote:

That's strange:

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/tickets/browse/?ticket_id=86053

I was almost sure the bug is Gnome3 related. Or it might be possible
that Mate got enough from Gnome3 to be contaminated with this
regression.

Dou you run dual monitor configuration on Nvidia?

It would appear I can't access that ticket at my level of support. Would it be possible to provide a synopsis here?

I'm having the same issue on a dual monitor system running Mint13/cinnamon which is Gnome3 based.

Found a work-around

Outlook was maximized on the second screen and was unable to unmaximize or otherwise adjust or move the window.

As a work-around I:

1) Disconnected the second screen
2) Logged out
3) Logged back in (Session now only sees 1 screen available)
4) Started outlook. Was able to unmaximize, change size of and move the window. Made it smaller. Closed outlook.
5) Logged out
6) Reconnected second screen
7) Logged back in.
8) Started outlook. Was able to move it to second screen and and change the size of the window. Was careful to NOT maximize it while on the second screen.

Haven't had a problem since. Caveat: I've been careful to NOT maximze outlook on the second screen. Works fine if I maximize it on the primary screen.

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/tickets/browse/?ticket_id=860538 here is some long discussion on related topics

1 to 10 of 10

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoia1dyYUZxcDd0cUN3clZKYiIsImdkcHIiOjB9