Microsoft Publisher 2003 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Successes?

Hi All

I have spent a bit of time plaiying with publisher under Crossover

It runs ok and can generate simple pages. Printing can be problematic although this is true of most applicatins at the moment. At lease with my printer...

Id be interested to hear how other people are gettting off?

Cheers

G!

I recentyl tried to get this to run as part of Office 2003. Installs and fires up but when you try to open or start a new document, it goes dead and shows an error. I have not tried to generate a simple page. Will do that and report back.

Same problem here. Publisher loads and offers you templates, new pages etc. but as soon as you select anything it dies with a "publisher has encountered a problem and needs to close" message.

Looks like I need to get to know Scribus .....

It opens fine for me, but when I tried to read a .pub that my brother sent me, I get a: "Windows memory low" error.
Any ideas?

Oh so close to working 100%, but publisher won't save for me.

Publisher 2003 installed fine, update to SP3 went fine, and I can open all .pub documents without trouble. However, the issue that remains is saving, it crashes every time. Crossover 7.1, Office 2003 SP3, on a Macbook OSX 10.5.5.

The saving crash seems to happen regardless of document size or complexity, as it will crash even if attempting to save a new blank document. Publisher seems to stall for a few seconds before crashing.

When I try to open a sjablon, it freezes and a few seconds later I get a question to send a report.

Exception Information
Code = 0xc0000005
Flags = 0x00000000
Record = 0x0000000000000000
Address = 0x000000003bd2f07f

I've tried only the email

My personal experience w/ Pub is as follows:

Publisher 03, no service pack, on crossover 8.0.1, Mac OS X 10.5.8.

Publisher launches, functions, prints, and saves apparently without issue (although my testing has been minimal).

The one main trouble I have is that most of my existing .pub files crash the app when I open them. A precious few will open, and new files that I've created from w/in CrossOver will open.

I have not figured out what the crashing files have in common yet.

On further testing, it turns out that what the crashing files have in common is that they use a font that is not available. The Font Substitution system appears to be what is crashing. If I go into those files in Windows and replace the fonts permanently, they then open fine under CrossOver (install details in previous post).

If I can find a copy of the missing font, I'll try adding it to my Publisher bottle (he said, fully aware that he doesn't know how to do that...)

Hi,

Have you tried installing the Corefonts package into the same bottle?

Cheers!

Well I can use it for example create a document but saving and printing just crash the whole thing and I have to Force Quit Crossover.

I am trying different ways to get it working 100% but progress is slow.

Haydon B

I managed to Print a document via Microsoft Publisher 2003 in Crossover 9.0.0, also saving now works!

Also Opening a saved document also works, Hooray!

Publisher Works in Crossover!

Haydon B

1 to 11 of 11

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV3lRTThzdWs4cWt5RUdGZyIsImdkcHIiOjB9