Overlord Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

No sound and fast subtitles

In Crossover Games 9.0.0 on the mac, when I run this game I get audio in the menus, but then I don't get it while in the actual game. The subtitles also go away too fast to read. WineHQ suggested using winetricks to install wmp9. How do I use winetricks in Crossover? Is it possible?

Thanks
Chris

Hi,

Have a look at the following thread ;

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/general/?t=25;msg=83098

Cheers!

Thanks! I'll try that out and see how it works!

I noticed that WMP9 is "supported" in a 98 bottle via crossover (not games). So that doesn't do me much good...

Chris

Chris Parker wrote:

Thanks! I'll try that out and see how it works!

I noticed that WMP9 is "supported" in a 98 bottle via crossover (not
games). So that doesn't do me much good...

Chris

Hi,

It does do you some good .... you can create (prepare) a bottle in CXO,
install what you need (wmp9 in this case) and then archive that bottle.

Then you can restore that bottle archive into CXG and continue on (install
the game or whatever else is required) -- there are a number of different
methods to concoct this kind of bottle swapping shizzle, but it has often
helped me in the past when something is available (as an install target) in
CXO and not in CXG (or I need CXO to do something CXG cannot)...

Cheers!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWmdBZlEzd01OTVJteVhyNyIsImdkcHIiOjB9