Path of Exile Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

D3D Error when using non 1024x768 resolutions

As title says, anytime I try to change resolutions to something other than 1024x768 I get a D3D error.

"Failed resetting Direct3D device objects"

Any tips? Note, that this occurs even when I force the change by manually editting the config file.

Thanks,
Andrew.

I guess the call to IDirect3DDevice9::Reset fails. Applications commonly use this method to change the display resolution. When you change the setting in the config file, it creates the device with the correct resolution from the start and doesn't have to reset it later on.

Can you file a support ticket and attach a +d3d log?

Have you tried deleting the config file? I had the same error and deleting it fixed the problem. Seems it doesn't only happen with CrossOver either but is a common problem that happens on Win PC as well.

I'm experiencing the same problem 😥

Using CrossOver 13.0.1:

The error occurs for me even with 1024x768, if I switch from Windowed mode to Fullscreen or Windowed Fullscreen.

I can go up to 1280x800 without the error.

If I go above that, I get the error.

I've tried deleting the config file as well, with no change.

I tried deleting the Path of Exile config file with no luck. I was able to change the settings in the config file, though, and it worked. For example I changed it to fullscreen and added my own resolution (1600x900). No crashes.

/Documents/My Games/Path of Exile/production_Config.ini

Well I reinstalled figuring something may have improved.

Not exactly perfect right off jump street. Had the same issue. I ended up getting things functioning by deleting the config, and setting a virtual desktop. Voila. Perfect.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYWJTUUxOeEFtTEpyS0VaUCIsImdkcHIiOjB9