Picasa 3.9 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Still unable to login to google web

I installed IE7 in the Picasa bottle. When I go to login I get a pop-up that says there ins no file association for "ServiceLogin" and I am given the option to save or find an application. If I try to "find" I get the option to find or save "fileassoc" . Can't seem to win. Have I missed a step in trying to get this setup?

I'm guessing you are using Ubuntu 12.04. If so, running the following in a terminal window should fix your problem:

sudo echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope

or, to disable this entirely:

sudo sed -i 's/kernel.yama.ptrace_scope = 1/kernel.yama.ptrace_scope = 0/' /etc/sysctl.d/10-ptrace.conf

• does the same as the above, but effects will appear only after reboot and will remain permanent.

Give yourself some awesome points :) The first command did not work (it got "Permissions denied", even with sudo) but the the second one did and after a reboot all works perfectly. Thank you!

You can't "pipe" a sudo, gotta use tee instead. But disabling ptrace limiting is a bad idea, since it decreases security. Instead, just add an exception for wine.

First, re-enable ptrace scoping if you disabled it:

echo 1 | sudo tee /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope;
sudo sed -i 's/kernel.yama.ptrace_scope = 0/kernel.yama.ptrace_scope = 1/' /etc/sysctl.d/10-ptrace.conf;

Install libcap2:
sudo apt-get install libcap2-bin

Then, add an exception for Crossover:
sudo setcap cap_sys_ptrace=eip /opt/cxoffice/bin/wineserver;
sudo setcap cap_sys_ptrace=eip /opt/cxoffice/bin/wine-preloader;

Finally, add its libraries to ld.so.conf:
echo /opt/cxoffice/lib/ | sudo tee /etc/ld.so.conf.d/crossover.conf
sudo /sbin/ldconfig

More at:
http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/linux/faq/ubuntu1204
http://askubuntu.com/questions/146160/what-is-the-ptrace-scope-workaround-for-wine-programs-and-are-there-any-risks/153970#153970

Thanks! It worked.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidk1FNXNlcFpRdXZ6WDNuYyIsImdkcHIiOjB9