Portal 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Portal 2 and XBox Controllers

My ultimate goal is to play Portal 2's Coop mode in single-system split-screen mode, but in order to do that I need to first get Portal 2 happy with using controllers instead of keyboard/mouse.

When I try to use a single XBox 360 controller in single-player mode (under cxoffice 12.5.0), the mappings are very strange. The worst one is that the up-down viewing is controlled by the right trigger and generally aims the viewpoint straight up unless the trigger is held half-way down.

When I plug in a second controller and try the split-screen Coop level, it almost seems to work for a while more-or-less. The triggers fire the portal guns (which then keep firing continuously with no way to stop them), and the movement and horizontal viewing controls seem to work for about a minute. Then the character just stops moving and looking around, usually firing continously.

Has anybody managed to get XBox controllers working right in cxoffice/Wine, especially with Portal 2?

I feel your pain regarding wine/crossover's controller support and various games. I've been bitten while trying out Rogue Legacy. The button mapping was just screwy. I'd bet that we sooner get native ports than proper input support ;)

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzE1MTc3Njg1LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidG14U2ZNNllGZkh1QzNkNyIsImdkcHIiOjB9