Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

RIFT Error Handler after hitting Play?

Hi,

I'm trying to play Rift on my MacBook Pro non Retina (bought it late 2013), but it wont let me, error handler popped right after I hit Play ;(
Yesterday I managed to log into the character screen while patching, and yet no errors. So I suppose my laptop's specs or whatsoever is NOT the issue here. After I finished the patch, the Error Handler pops every time and it wont let me thru the loading screen/cinematic!

I'm quite new to CrossOver (before I've been using BootCamp and/or PC to play games). I have finished installing the game via CrossOver, finished the patch, etc. But whenever I hit "Play" the Error Handler always pops and tells me to send error report to Trion or just to close the program, and after that nothing happened. I even tried to reinstall the whole game back from scratch to no result. I can't even "Play" when I was patching, and even worse I can't hit "Play as Guest". The button is there, not grayed out, but when I click it, it wont take me anywhere.

I've tried changing the rendering from false to true on rift.cfg, no result.
Tried making a fresh new bottle, no result.
Reinstalled the whole game, no result.

Can someone give me an insight on what am I experiencing here and what to do next? I've contacted Trion's tech support, posted on their FB page and so on, but they haven't replied yet. Maybe someone here can help me out?

Cheers,
Elizabeth Anita Mangitung

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZGJOeUZTZ0txQ1NrNXBBdyIsImdkcHIiOjB9