Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Black Screen Right After Starting Rift

The Graphics are completely black the whole time but the sound is Working. I am on Late OSX Mavericks Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I am having the same issue on Ubuntu 14.04. After about three seconds of sound game crashes with no information to help troubleshoot.

Same here. Black screen, then a crash moments later. I just re-installed RIFT today to pick it up again after a while gaming on other things.

I'm on Linux Mint 17.1, using Crossover 14.1. nVidia GeForce GTX670.

Same here. I installed RIFT freshly this morning, and it successfully updates the launcher, and downloads the game, but it just presents a black screen after clicking "PLAY".

Linux Mint 17.1, Crossover 14.0.3, Nvidia GeForce GTX 580 with the 331.113 Nvidia driver.

If anyone has not done so yet you can fix the black screen by installing [Microsoft DirectX Runtime - Modern] into the same bottle as Rift.

Thank you for the tip, Jack. I confirm that your fix works.

Hey

Could somebody please tell me where I get Microsoft DirectX Runtime - Modern?

Thanks.

Follow The Following Steps

1. Open Crossover
  2. Hit Install Windows Application
  3. Click On The Search Bar
  4. Type In Microsoft DirectX Runtime -Modern

I installed Microsoft DirectX Runtime -Modern and rift worked but once I turned off rendered graphics mode and restarted it it went back to going loading up to 11-16% then crashing

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieHRLQnpjNXRjWGs1VDRnRyIsImdkcHIiOjB9