Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

rift 4.0

just updated to crossover 16 and looks like I hit my first issue I'm on Ubuntu 16.10 and gtx 970 video card. Was running 30 fps on mid settings now if i push vid settings higher then bare min it crashes and fps is 15 to 20. Not sure if its a glitch from 15 to 16 or just a bad bottle.

I'm going to start with a new bottle and install and see where I end up. That didn't help rolled it back to 15.3.1 and it works fine.

OK 16.1 for Linux works great with no issues that I can find so far.

Just adding RIFT on 16.1.0 on MAC (Sierra) works great as well.

Good to hear Mac (Sierra) works. Thank you Yury for testing it.

Just to say I've been running Rift under crossover 16.x and now 17.0 with (x)ubuntu 16.04 LTS and a GeForce GTX 980M.

Only problem I had was a persistent problem with my Xserver hanging when Rift exited, which I worked around by running it in windowed mode instead of full screen. I assume this was some kind of combined Rift/graphics card problem as it didn't happen with any other game.

Andrew Rutherford wrote:

Just to say I've been running Rift under crossover 16.x and now 17.0
with (x)ubuntu 16.04 LTS and a GeForce GTX 980M.

Only problem I had was a persistent problem with my Xserver hanging
when Rift exited, which I worked around by running it in windowed
mode instead of full screen. I assume this was some kind of combined
Rift/graphics card problem as it didn't happen with any other game.

I run duel screen so I've always had it set to full window mode ...... Andrew have you played with the new WoW build seems to run better for me higher FPS

Hi
Rift works great on Ubuntu Studio 16.04.3 LTS ! zéro problem 😎 No issue !

Hi
rift works great with crossover 17 under Linux ubuntu 16.04 LTS
no crash no bugs.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibUx0NlgyVUN2THdYbW5hWCIsImdkcHIiOjB9