StarCraft II Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

patch 1.5.1

A new patch, a new problem. If you experience the same launcher crash that I experience and want to get this latest patch, you have two options:

• restore from an earlier archive with patch 1.4x and let the game update, then start the game with SC2Switcher.exe
  • reinstall (ouch!)

I'm one of those people that keep backups of important stuff so the first scenario applied to me. I will submit a ticket, you guys feel free to do the same.

I also have this problem. My 32 bits computer was still with 1.4.4 version so I can kinda recover. But it's a drag all of these problems :(

Oh, I just "love" how their (Blizzard's) launchers look the same, perform the same basic tasks (download/stream content and invoke the actual game executable), yet are different. I wonder about the upcoming WoW Expansion, which I'm rather sure will use the new and improved launcher. What new breakage is it going to "feature" ? :)

how do i restore to a earlier patch .. ?

To "restore" an earlier patch you'd need an archive made with the Bottle Manager at the time when SC2 was at patch 1.4.x. After the restore, updating will work. The alternative is to delete the bottle and re-install.

Seems to be an ubuntu 12.04 problem :/

This problem is fixed by installing the MS VC++ 2008 runtime. Since my Diablo 3 bottle has MS XML Parser v. 3.0 installed I included that too. Launcher works without crashing now.

Kudos to those guys that found the issue with the WoW MoP launcher which was having the same issue.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQVVUVUdZeExHV052V21SNSIsImdkcHIiOjB9