StarCraft Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Runs very slowly

How do you make it run normally

im running it on CX 9.0 on a macbook

I have a MacBook Pro (Early 2008) and I found that the game works well if you put the following keys in your registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Direct3D
DirectDrawRenderer = opengl
DisabledExtensions = GL_ARB_fragment_program
OffScreenRenderingMode = fbo
RenderTargetLockMode = readtex
VideoMemorySize = 256 (Or whatever your system supports)

I have occasionally noticed that the game does sometime slow down and you have to relaunch it, but this is usually rare.

Don't forget to install the latest patch from Blizzard too.

Please report back if these steps work for you.

So i know how to run Regedit, but what do i do from there, im still a little new to this registry thing

So when you are in regedit open the directory structure to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Software->Wine

Think of directories as "Keys"

If you don't see a "Direct3D" sub-directory or rather sub-key under "Wine" then right click on Wine and go to New->Key and name it "Direct3D".

Click on the Direct3D Key now and you should see on the right side no Values except for the (Default) value.

Right click on the white space and add new "String" values with the names DirectDrawRenderer, DisabledExtensions, etc.

Double click on the name of the String to set the value, i.e. opengl, GL_ARB_fragment_program, et.c

I have a C4P profile that will be ready shortly. You can wait for that as well, that will fill the values in for you automatically.

The C4P is up now. If you'd like you can re-install the game by using it. Simply go the the Details page: http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=133 and select Install via C4P. Be sure to also install the 1.16.1 upgrade patch: http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=7722.

okay ive done everything you said, i installed the c4p and its patched, the same problem is still persisting, im using a winxp bottle, is that wrong? should i use a win98 bottle? i dont think it will make a difference though, damn, i was looking foward to playing this but its so slow its unplayable

Gaurav Jain wrote:

So when you are in regedit open the directory structure to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Software->Wine

Think of directories as "Keys"

If you don't see a "Direct3D" sub-directory or rather sub-key under
"Wine" then right click on Wine and go to New->Key and name it
"Direct3D".

Click on the Direct3D Key now and you should see on the right side
no Values except for the (Default) value.

Right click on the white space and add new "String" values with the
names DirectDrawRenderer, DisabledExtensions, etc.

Double click on the name of the String to set the value, i.e.
opengl, GL_ARB_fragment_program, et.c

I have a C4P profile that will be ready shortly. You can wait for
that as well, that will fill the values in for you automatically.

i know this is an old topic, but how do i do this?

to enter in regedit you have to serch "regedit" with spotlight. when you find it you must open it with wine and them modify it as Gaurav Jain told you.
I have done all but for me it doesn't work.

To run the game at normal speed you have to run it in a virtual desktop.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiS0ZtYTd5WGFkVlFNcGdjbSIsImdkcHIiOjB9