Steam Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

No tray icon?

I have updated to snow leopard few days ago and I have tried the demo of crossover games. If I remember well in Leopard when I have closed all steam windows if I click in the dock icon the client shows up but now this is not possible. This is a bug? Sorry for my english. Thanks!

I can reproduce this bug. I'm also running CrossOver Games 8 on Snow Leopard. Thanks for reporting this. I have entered it into our bug tracker.

I don't yet know if it affects CrossOver Games 8 on Leopard, too. I'll have to do additional testing.

In the meantime, you can get the Steam window back by using the Run Command dialog to run Steam.exe (browse to Program Files/Steam/Steam.exe). Sorry for the inconvenience.

thanks to you for your attention.

Seems to work ok for me on Crossover 8; Leopard 10.5.8. Clicking on the dock icon when all Steam windows are closed will re-open the main Steam window.

I have tried 8.1.3 version and seems that the problem haven't been fixed. Any progress in this bug?

Sorry for my english.

I still have this problem in Snow Leopard, and I do not think it has been fixed. The only people on the forums I have seen without this bug are people who still have Leopard.

Yes, the same here. I ask for some progress in this bug or something.

Thanks.

No Problem.

Ken Thomases wrote:

I can reproduce this bug. I'm also running CrossOver Games 8 on
Snow Leopard. Thanks for reporting this. I have entered it into
our bug tracker.

I don't yet know if it affects CrossOver Games 8 on Leopard, too.
I'll have to do additional testing.

In the meantime, you can get the Steam window back by using the Run
Command dialog to run Steam.exe (browse to Program
Files/Steam/Steam.exe). Sorry for the inconvenience.

There is any progress in this question?

Thanks

Apologies to necro-post, but this is the only existing thread that is relevant to my problem.

I'm running Snow Leopard (10.6.3), with Crossover Games 8.1.4, and I cannot access any of the tray options if I click the Steam icon. Any updates, news, fixes or any other help regarding this issue would be appreciated! The "Run Command" workaround is very lengthy and annoying if your main Steam window closes.

Thanks!

Snow Leopard changed some stuff which broke our technique for linking the Steam tray icon to our Steam Dock icon. We will have a fix for that in CrossOver Games 9.

You can save the command for running Steam from the Run Command dialog to relieve some of the tedium.

You can use Manage Bottles > Advanced > Configure Bottle > Display system tray... to show a the system tray in a separate window. It's ugly, but it gives you the full Windows system tray functionality.

1 to 11 of 11

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSHBTRUx2NWZMblhmaHNUeSIsImdkcHIiOjB9