Tag&Rename Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Tag&Rename v3.5.4 + CrossOver Pro v8.0.0 + Mac OS 10.5.8 [intel]

When I try to install Tag&Rename v3.5.4, it gave me the following error: "Access violation at address 00000000. Write of address 00000000." and no installation.

But the good news is, if you install Tag&Rename v3.5.4 as "Portable" on a Windows machine first, you can use the final portable .exe with Crossover on a Mac!!

Working completely with Internet connection [Freedb And Amazon](/compatibility/crossover/tested by me, just make sure you don't block any connection from CrossOver!)

Only downside is, it doesn't hold its presets :/ Could this be a setting in Crossover itself or somewhere else?

no ideas here?
i've got the exact same problem. weird is, i had Tag&Rename installed once in the Crossover environment and it worked perfectly fine...

could it have something to do with the X environment under MacOSX 10.6.2???

Is it the preset/preference problem you're talking about?
I actually solved it myself the minute I left here. I thought I posted the answer but it seems I forgot.

It seems to save its presets and preferences when you command+quit [⌘Q] crossover instead of just closing tag&rename itself. You need to keep Tag&rename open with the settings of your choice on and just quit whole crossover. If you do so, it'll save the last open settings.
If you plan on moving your .exe, make sure you move the folder with the same name with it. For example, my .exe is "Tag&Rename.exe" so I need to copy the folder "Tag&Rename" everywhere I want to copy "Tag&Rename.exe" to, if I want to keep my settings.

I hope this helps a little 😊

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzE1NzkzNDc5LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVWt6QVRadWhiZ2gzZWdNZyIsImdkcHIiOjB9