CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Has anyone succeeded in running The Sinking City from GOG.com

I bought the game recently even though there is only a Windows version, partly to support FrogWare who have been struggling to get control of this game back, but also in the hopes that I might be able to play it through Crossover on the iMac. I do have it on the Xbox, but vying for the TV between myself and my partner is a battle I keep losing and we don't have space for a second TV. I've tried several times and with different settings and it does start to run. It will get all the way through the initial load and animation, allow me to start a new game, tell me it is loading and display the tips and story as it does so. But as soon as it tells me to click to continue, it just shuts down.

If anyone has had success with this game, I'd be eager to learn what you did.

Thanks in advance.

I’ll check it out as I am a big lovecraft fan . Could be that it has proprietary windows software that cannot be implemented within CX. It’s a very similar issue occurs , especially with the resident evil 2 & 3 remakes.

Or it could be a dependencies (binaries ) issue with the engine that the game is created with.

I believe this game is created with Unreal 4

UPDATE
Tested with the latest version of crossover 24 > Mind you tested the STEAM version not GOG. I did manage to run it no issues.
Do you have issues? Possibly install the UE4 Prerequisites x64 C++ Redistributable into the bottle. Or try running your GOG games launching with HEROIC launcher.

Heroic Games Launcher

You can also search within Crossover to install automatically from database.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibnRjRkxVNjdicmFNQ0ZYciIsImdkcHIiOjB9