CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Issues with Battlenet/Diablo 4 after Crossover Update

After the recent Crossover update (now running 24.0.037007) and have some new issues with Battlenet and Diablo 4 (which were not there before the update).
(1) I have three separate bottles - one each for Diablo IV, Diablo II Resurrected and Diablo Immortal. When I ran the Diablo Immortal Battlenet kept telling me there is a "newer version of Battlenet found". And when I clicked on use newer version it would freeze. So I deleted the bottle, reinstalled Diablo Immortal and every goes fine but I lost all my game progress. (Not too bad as I really had not gotten very far.)
(2) Now when I run the bottle with Diablo IV, I get the same message about newer version of Battlenet found (though the app itself shows no updates available) but at least clicking on "run with the newer version" will start the app. But when I click on Diablo IV, I will see a message about the GPU is not supported and I may have graphical issues running the game. Only "issue" I have noticed is the game runs slower than it did before the recent update.
Any suggestions for either issue? Anyone have similar issues after the recent update?
I am running an M3 iMac with Sonoma 14.3.1 and 16GB of RAM. All bottles installed on an external SSD drive.

If you weren’t experiencing these issues with Crossover 23.7.1 you can go back to it. Download it from your account page here:
https://www.codeweavers.com/account/downloads/archive/23.7.1

WINE 9.0 is new, there are bound to be issues and inefficiencies along with all the new features and capabilities. Use Crossover 23 for now and try Crossover 24 again when the next minor update is released.

Thanks for that suggestion. I had issues with separate bottles for Diablo IV, Diablo II Resurrected and Diablo Immortal. I ended up deleting all three bottles and only reinstalled Diablo IV and so far it has been working fine. I think I will leave it alone for now and eventually reinstall one of the other two games and see what happens. Thanks.

I ended up having to go back to 23.7.1. It was the only way I could get my Diablo IV bottle to function.

Actually Crossover 24 has been pretty buggy all around. First of all I couldn't update the app because it told me the update wasn't digitally signed properly so the update was refused. Secondly after uninstalling 23.7.1 and installing Crossover 24 from scratch I was getting errors relating to rundll32.exe.

I gave in and just reinstalled 23.7.1. Now everything is running as it was before.

Chris Dobson wrote:

I ended up having to go back to 23.7.1. It was the only way I could get my Diablo IV bottle to function.

Actually Crossover 24 has been pretty buggy all around. First of all I couldn't update the app because it told me the update wasn't digitally signed properly so the update was refused. Secondly after uninstalling 23.7.1 and installing Crossover 24 from scratch I was getting errors relating to rundll32.exe.

I gave in and just reinstalled 23.7.1. Now everything is running as it was before.

Thanks for the update. If I wish to do that, I assume I have to delete the current bottle, uninstall Crossover and reinstall the older version? Would I be able to make an archive backup of the current bottle and then bring the archive into the older version of Crossover? Thanks but I have never had to do this (replace with an older version of Crossover) before.

Steven Wandy wrote:

Chris Dobson wrote:

Thanks for the update. If I wish to do that, I assume I have to delete the current bottle, uninstall Crossover and reinstall the older version? Would I be able to make an archive backup of the current bottle and then bring the archive into the older version of Crossover? Thanks but I have never had to do this (replace with an older version of Crossover) before.

Yes as long as the bottle you have right now isn't borked then you could probably use the backup/restore functions. It took me about 5-10 minutes to back mine up to an external drive when I originally made the backup. Funny thing is I never even used the backup since my internet is fast enough to just download the game over again 😂

"BORKED" I assume that is a technical term??? (I assume it means something goes wrong when I try to run it on a slightly older version of Crossover.)

It's just a slang term meaning broken, or not working properly 🙂

In most cases you do not need to do anything with your bottles. Just install the version of Crossover you want to use and run it. Just be sure you don't run two versions of Crossover at the same time.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiS1BkcWdQNXpYZUFkVTRFWCIsImdkcHIiOjB9