CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Strange graphical glitches in Team Fortress 2 using Crossover 11.2 Linux

I recently installed TF2 on Ubuntu 12.04 using Crossover and the fps is great compared to installing via PlayonLinux. The only problem I'm facing is that the graphical glitches are too much to be playable. It's a varying mix of character models disappearing, my gun disappearing, the floor disappearing, and then strange blobs and bricks showing up in different places. I'm running this on a System76 gazelle professional with Intel i7 and Intel HD 4000 graphics. If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, I will shower you with happiness and appreciation! Thanks in advance!

Like I said elsewhwere, under windows, you'll get the best performance with the latest video card driver. I also believe the latest driver is best under Linux as well, which I doubt you have with Ubuntu 12.04 (unless you already have the proper PPA in your repos).

I'm not saying you have to update the driver, but it might be something you should consider if your goal is gaming. Weird video curruptions occasionnally happen under windows too if the driver isn't up to date (no matter the card). I would say that this is the first step, at the very least that would be where I would start.

For Ubuntu, you'll find the PPA info for intel graphics chips are here. The only thing with an Intel card I have is my somewhat old laptop, and it never had much power, so I don't game on it. As far as I know, the quality of the recent driver is very stable while working, and I imagine it will be the same for gaming.

Just my two cents...

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieEtLWlFidnhGTlBSdnQzRiIsImdkcHIiOjB9