CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

guild wars crashing

hi i bought this program and i am loving it
i can finally play guild wars with my window friends
but often while playing the app will just force quit
it is rather annoying and i was wondering if there is anything i could do to stop it from crashing while playing my game
thanks

Hi,
Guild Wars should not crash, so this isn't a known problem(well, a few people reported this issue, but there were different causes for that. I can't give you a magic switch to stop the crashing).

I'll need some more information:
-> Mac/Linux?
-> Graphics card?
-> Driver?
-> Macos version or linux distro+version?

I'm going to mention this here as well, as I had the same problem for a time and it was very frustrating.

Firstly, if it's truly a Crash, with an Apple Report window and all, disregard my following post.

What was happening with us is that We were holding down Command (to view enemies, NPCs, etc.), and then pressing W to move forward.
As I'm sure you're well aware, CMD-W closes windows.

So for US Guild Wars Wasn't crashing, we were being Users. :)
A simple change of the Crossover Close Window shortcut key was all it needed. (10.5 Supports this by way of the Keyboard/Mouse panel).

Again if it's truly a CRASH, then this does not apply, but if your game simply closes without warning, reason or feedback, such as the Apple Crash Report window, then this is a likely culprit.

yeah that is not my problem but thanks anyways
um i have a mac mini w/
um i am not sure what the gpu and driver is (sorry)
but it loaded fine it just randomly quits so annoying
hope u can help
thanks

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzE0NDIwMjg3LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZzl0azZ3V0E4Z1R5WW0yQSIsImdkcHIiOjB9