CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Feature Request

I just have a feature request for Crossover Games. It would be really great if there was a joystick configuration GUI for it. Maybe even graft in the code from qjoypad, that would be cool too.

I've never had any success setting up (mapping) a joystick properly in Wine. I use a Logitech Wireless RumblePad which is 4 axis + POV and I sometimes have trouble setting it up in Wine.

Thanks.

Wine should simply pass on what Linux reports as joystick buttons and axis to the game. It is up to the game on how to map the various inputs to game functions. Windows itself does not even offer a built in way to remap joystick inputs.

First thing you will want to do is see if Linux is detecting your joystick properly. I have a few joysticks myself that Linux is not detecting correctly yet.

Note we are talking about Linux only here. We still don't have a joystick lib setup on the mac yet.

I cant live without my joystick 😀

Some games don't even support joysticks, like Dark Messiah for example. In Windows it is possible to use the Logitech gaming software to emulate keypresses with the joystick, that has basically the same effect as qjoypad. Then there is the game Rune, that for some reason maps my POV hat to the "look" axis and that just won't work. I've never played it in Windows :) I'll have to try that sometime to see how it behaves. I'm just thinking how it would be easier for people to get their joysticks to work in Crossover.

I would add that the complete lack of joystick/gamepad functionality in the Mac release is easily its greatest flaw, and something that I hope takes an even higher priority at this point than improving game compatibility.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSmRSZnk5Qm5aYmN4Q0VLNSIsImdkcHIiOjB9