CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Ministeck Portrait Studio

I'm trying to get CXG to install a small app called Ministeck Portrait Studio, but I can't get it to work. I tried a search on it in the boards, ticket system and compatibility center, but found nothing.

I tried to install it in every type of bottle but no success. I seem to get the 'furthest' using a win98 bottle. When installing I get an error message: Pager initialisation error 5 - Verzoek niet ondersteund (the dutch part should roughly translate to 'Request not supported').

The installer can be found here: http://www.ministeck.de/ministeck-creativ-atelier.html (it's the one labeled Portrait Studio)

Has anyone else been able to install this?

Hi,

Shrinker packed file (something like winzip) -- pretty much points back
to this few years old thread;

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/bugs/browse/?cmd=bug_edit;bug_id=733

That will lead back to a dead link, so you can pick it up again here;

http://www.winehq.org/search/?cx=partner-pub-0971840239976722%3Aw9sqbcsxtyf&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=shrinker&siteurl=www.winehq.org%2Fhypermail%2Fwine-devel%2F2005%2F04%2F0394.html#965

The same thing is at play here with Portrait Studio ;

[winver=win98/95]

fixme:vxd:wine_vxd_open Unknown/unsupported VxD L"shrink35.vxd". Try setting Windows version to 'nt40' or 'win31'.
err:vxd:
wine_vxd_get_proc handle 0x40 not found in module list, inherited from another process?
fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 1 (device=0 access=0 func=0 method=1)

Don't know if this ever got fixed completely...you'll see in the threads that it might have
worked back at wine-1.1.6 but that was some time ago. As it's trying to deal with a .vxd file,
this is definitely win95 country --- possibly the only way around this is to install it in
it's native OS (via bootcamp, vmware whatever) and see if you can copy across the installation
directory into a bottle and see if it'll run at all that way....if that doesn't work, then you're
sunk because the program itself won't work even if this installer problem were fixed.

Hope this helps..

Cheers!

Hmmm... I guess this one's just a bridge too far, then. I'm not going to install Windows via Bootcamp, just for this little thing.

I'll just install it on my mother's pc and work it there when I visit 😊

Thanks anyway.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY0xrRVJRaE5VbVdZSGRCZCIsImdkcHIiOjB9