CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Can someone help a noob with Neverwinter Nights?

Hi,

I've seen a guide to installing Neverwinter Nights with the expansion packs (Shadows of Undrentide, Hordes of the Underdark) but I can't get my head around the instructions. I'm really quite new to this, so some of the more technical parts are lost on me anyway. Also, the guide I found seemed to be using a different/older version of CrossOver Games and I couldn't find some of the things I apparently needed to use (for example, the option for "Advanced Install" is somehow hiding from me).

Can someone please write an idiot's guide using current versions etc? I love Neverwinter Nights and when I found CrossOver Games I thought I'd finally be able to play it.

Thanks in advance,
Ed.

Hi,

The best place to ask this question (and the best resource for information around here)
is on the C4 page for this title ...check the forum ;

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=84;forum=1

Also look at the tip&tricks there....it mentions this title requires mfc42.dll -- if this
is so, just install Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Redistributable from within the 'runtime
support components' targets in crossover.

Do note also, according to the C4 page for this title, that it was working 'gold' on
Mac back at crossover-games 8.0 but appears to not be working in newer crossover-games
releases (and nobody has yet ranked it against CXG-9.0). Also, according to the wineHQ
AppDB page for this title, there's issues with the latest patch for this game...see;

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=870

The current crossover-games release is based on wine-1.1.42 just so you know.

If you have any further questions or need help with NWN etc, best place to post is on the
C4 forum I linked above -- more people who actually have the game will see your questions
(not all folks watch this general forum, they just watch the titles they're interested in),
and it's always best if you mention your platform/OS version/videocard and crossover version
when asking questions - it's really hard to help without that info... 8)

Cheers!

if you are on Gnu/Linux, dunno that NWN is native? If you get it by the legal way, just go on the official website, if you get it by some... other ways... just search for the Linux version.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibTZyZTh5cFlTVm1xVEdobSIsImdkcHIiOjB9