CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Problem Loading

So I've recently downloaded CrossOver games for my Mac and attempted to download the PWO game from the internet. I thought that I did so successfully, for it even gave me an icon for my doc. Still, when I tried to launch the game, the icon merely sits still for a few seconds and then vanishes. The game never starts and I sit staring at the screen for ten more minutes.

I've tried getting the latest updates for my mac and such, though no luck.

Any ideas? I'm a bit desperate by now.

It's always a good sign to get a game successfully installed in Crossover, but in reality that only half the battle. A game's launcher and installer are two completely different mechanisms, and sometimes Crossover can install a game with no problems but won't be able to handle its launcher correctly.

When an app in Crossover generates its icon on the doc for a few seconds and then vanishes, that's usually a sign that a critical windows component needed by the application launcher isn't present Crossover. You could try a demo of Crossover Games 8.0 when it comes out, there are quite a few improvements over 7.2.2. You could also try to launch the game with an +seh debug log running (to set this up, go to Programs->Run Command, select the appropriate bottle and the .exe launcher for the program therein, and then set +seh under debug options). If you're handy with log files, you can possibly determine which .dll the program is failing on, and if that's a .dll that you can toggle from within winecfg, try adjusting its settings (switch from native to built-in, or vice versa)

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzE1MTc3Njg1LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiemZkZEhCclc0SFkyUkx5MyIsImdkcHIiOjB9