CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Trying to install Active Trader Pro

Trying to install Active Trader Pro on Ubuntu 20.04; it's a listed application with a recipe and according to feedback it runs well. Unfortunately no joy for me.

Something happens during the installation that results in 'no applications found in this bottle' (paraphrasing) when it completes. The .net frameworks install fine and the application itself seems to install fine. But when the application finishes installing, the CrossOver installer 'goes into this funk' (i.e., just spins and spins) for like 10 minutes and then completes with no message whatsoever (no error, no nothing).

So I think, time to look at the log file... except... no log file. The log file that should be at something like ~/.cxoffice/logs/... is no where to be found. In fact, the entire log folder is missing.

And yes, I've already done those 'cxfix' and 'cxdiag64' tools; 'cxfix' reports no issues to be fixed, and the things 'cxdiag64' reports I've fixed if I felt they might be remotely related to this issue.

Where's the log file? And in general, the CrossOver installer needs to give the user some kind of feedback if something goes wrong. Really hard to fix the issue(s) otherwise.

Hi there,

It's possible your launcher just wasn't created. You can check out this user tip:

https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/tips/fidelity-active-trader-pro/running-the-application-if-no-shortcut-appears

Best,
Meredith

Yes - you were correct, the launcher just wasn't created. After navigating to the app file (which I would have never found without the tip), I created my own launcher and ran ATP without any show-stopping issues (ATP is a memory pig on any platform it is run on) - so thank you. Maybe just a little feedback to the user would be good here.

And... I know I'm not supposed to do this, but... is Meredith Johnson your real name? Sorry - as a retired software developer

• 'Disclosure' by Michael Crichton is one of my favorite books of all time.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidlp3dTN1TjlrMzZKcXVHZyIsImdkcHIiOjB9