CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Menu not shown

Hello,

I have installed CrossOver on my arch Linux, but the menu items are not shown on the KDE menu. I can find the programs myself in the cxfolder, but would like the menu to appear automatically.

Is there anyone who know how I can make a symbolic link to the files in ~/.config/menus/ so they appear in the menu? I hope that additional files will then automatically be added to the menu also.

Regards,
René

I also am having the same problem in archlinux (kde) in both 32 & 64bit installs.

Thanks Gerry.

For menu regeneration I've got:

*Regenerate Crossover's Menus in Linux:
~/cxoffice/bin/cxmenu --crossover --install
and/or
~/cxoffice/bin/cxmenu --sync

*Kmenu does not create the Windows Applications menu item.

The error when trying to re-create the menu by command line:
fileparse(): need a valid pathname at
/home/user/cxoffice/lib/perl/CXMenuXDG.pm line 240

~/cxoffice/lib/perl/CXMenuXDG.pm, change line 240, and replace (filename) with (menu)

Also, logging out and back in sometimes gets the menu items to appear. Or opening the menu editor, making a change, and then saving can get Crossover to appear.

Well, what Andrew suggested, didn`t work for me.

I tried both of the commands he suggested, but while the former ends without any trouble, the latters barks at me like this:

Use of uninitialized value in -d at /home/edwin/cxgames/lib/perl/CXBottle.pm line 157.
Use of uninitialized value in sprintf at /home/edwin/cxgames/lib/perl/CXUtils.pm line 965.
cxmenu:error: invalid 'default' bottle: '' is not a directory
cxmenu:error: try 'cxmenu --help' for more information

--

Kubuntu Hardy x86

Andrew I had the same problem. You need to execute these commands as NONE root. It worked for me and hoepfully for u to...

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZUNwTEozYk5FSjg3a1dUUyIsImdkcHIiOjB9