CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

CrossOver doesn't work?

Hi,
just installed CrossOver under LinuxMint 5
without any problems.
But now: Not possible to start any part of CrossOver
no configuration....... nothing.
Once there came a message.. anything about a 'bottle'.
Has anybody had the same problem?
I had installed WINE before but since installation of CrossOver it is gone.

Any idea?

Regards
Ralle

Have a look at http://www.codeweavers.com/support/tickets/browse/?ticket_id=710013;layout=user_tickets;sort%5Bstatus%5D=ASC

Is this the error message you get?

Cheers,
Daniel

I also have the same issue, any fixes?

If I try to open an windows allication I get following error message:

"Unable to find the 'default' bottle.
bottle 'default' not found in /home7user/.cxoffice.
bottle 'default' not found in /opt/cxoffice/support."

Deinstallation routine doesn't work,
please how can I uninstall CrossOver manual completely?

Regards
Ralle

So no ideas.
Will try to delete Crossover completly by myself and will work further only with wine.
Seems to be easier.

Ralle

While Linux Mint 5 is not supported, we have seen some of these errors. The first step is to uninstall and reinstall CrossOver clean (on the premise that perhaps CrossOver was corrupted during download). Next step is to try a different installer... using the deb or rpm, try the loki, using the loki try the deb or rpm, depending on what your specific distro needs. These are all things we would ask you to try if you submitted a ticket with this issue.

Please keep in mind the fine print when posting on forums:

The Fine Print:

* Please try to keep posts on topic.  
* HTML is not allowed in posts, and will be stripped out.  
*** This is not a support forum. If you need product support use our Support Ticket System.**  
* Try to reply to other people's comments instead of starting new threads.  
* Read other people's messages before posting your own to avoid simply duplicating what has already been said.  
* Use a clear subject that describes what your message is about.  
* Do not post entire log files here. Please trim them down to only the important lines.

If you are looking for support and cannot file a support ticket (ie, you are a trial user) please, please, please send an email to info@codeweavers.com. We may not be as prompt to respond to emails sent to info@codeweavers.com as we are to tickets, but we do read them all and respond to them all. Sometimes we cannot get to reading all of the forum posts (especially over holidays and weekends, when posts can be made for three nights and two days -Friday, Saturday, Sunday- and we are only here Monday through Friday, there is usually a pile up waiting for us), but it doesn't mean we don't want to help. Ultimately we want you to be happy with our product and if you are not, please bang down our door a bit.

CrossOver can be fully uninstalled by following the steps listed here:
http://www.codeweavers.com/support/docs/crossover-pro/faq#id2508333

We have tested Linux Mint 5 in house... not extensively. In our tests CrossOver runs decently on it. The biggest issue we see is that it takes extra work to get the menu items to appear. However, your mileage may vary depending on the specifics of your system.

I had the same problem.
I realised I needed to create the Default bottle before any of it would work.
this is what I did (don't know if there's an easier way - I've only been using it for 20mins):
Click: Applications > Crossover > Configuration
Select the Manage Bottles tab
Click the + button (bottom left) and create the Default bottle.

Uninstall.
I used the rpm for install on centos.
to uninstall the rpm use root permissions to execute the following command:
yum remove crossover-standard-demo.i386

All the best

M.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieGNYS0xSR2VUVFl0NExtcSIsImdkcHIiOjB9